View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 05:01 AM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After the war and I disbanded my men I have -2.0 spent in upkeep of my men at arms instead of -1.0 before the war. That may be money spent to restock my military men at arms or levies.

My financial breakdown:

4.4 from our two holdings
0.5 taxes from vassals

4.9 total income

-2.0 – unraised Men at Arms cost

2.9 monthly net

Here let me snap a political map of Ireland:

As you can see, I have zoomed in on our Welsh ally Gwynedd so you can see what they are bringing. Connacht to our north is the only other Petty Kingdom and it has three counties to our four. You can see the four independent counties to our east. Connacht could be taken they have 781 soldiers to our 1151 once restocked from 1001.

Remember that I have the claim to King of Ireland but I cannot pass down to my son since it’s an unpressed claim unless I go to war with it at some point in time. Ideally I’ll grab the minors to my east like Ossory and Athlone and Leinster and Dubhlinn and then grab Connacht later with better military and finances. So I need to press a claim as King of Ireland before I die to give it to Brain my son and I am now 40 so I need to do that soon.

Ossory and Leinster are in a two province Petty Kingdom called Leinster and Meath is the other two independent Counties of Athlone and Dubhlinn. Can I DOW Ossory with my King title? Let’s find out. They have a strong 597 army for one county. Nope I don’t have a Casus Belli since they are not De Jrue part of my Petty Kingdom like Desmond.

I tell Marshal Lorcan to Train Commanders which increases our chance of recruiting a Knight or the damage and survival rate of our men at arms.

I assign Bishop Johansson to fabricate a claim on Ossory – it should take 19 months

Do I want to negotiate an Alliance with Dubhlinn? They are a relative and then they have a strong 624 people, so they are around 150 fewer than the entire Petty Kingdom of Connacht. Then I can hopefully peace vassalize them later when I become the Petty King of Meath or the King of Ireland. Dubhlinn has a massive 10 development.

I offer an alliance with my Nephew.

Do I want to hire a Court Physician courtier which would cost me 0.12 monthly but give me boosts to Court Grandeur and let me heal injuries hunting or in battle. Yeah, let’s do it. I hire my Knight Abban who is average at this role, but better than others.

Abban – Knight, 44 years old, stats are 2/7/1/10/16 =- strong learning from my Knight.

I am not hiring other Courtiers

19 October – We are allied.

Earl Murchad of Dubhlinn – 42 years old, House Chiennselag – 6/7/7/2/2 he has great traits like Temperate like me, Humble, Honest but low stats.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote