View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023, 10:44 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The War for Desmond

15 Sept 1066 – I upgrade the Bastions and Curtain Walls for Thomund to level 2, this costs 150 cash and 3 years to build.

Earl Ragnvold II’s negative view is that his culture isn’t accepted which is -26. He is a “powerful vassal”. He expects to be in my Council and gets a +10 boost to relations for that.

My vassal limit is 20

My wife has increased my Stewardship helping me and we can now have up to 5 in our direct domain.

I begin a Sway Scheme to make nice with Bishop Thomas Johansson since he has -11. He does not endorse me so I don’t get levies and taxes from his church holdings. It should take around 20 months. He’s a Swedish culture also not accepted.

I use a hook on Earl Ragnvold II to drop our relations by 15 and increase levies which are now 690

Oh Ormond is Plains, by the by.

I DOW on the one province to the south of me Earl of Desmond called Muiredach who is a part of the Munster Petty Kingdom and our final one so we have De Jure rights to DOW them anytime.

Desmond – no Allies and 539 soldiers all told. This costs 100 prestige.

I can get a 75 gold Wedding Tax or 350 prestige, I choose to gain prestige.

11 Dec – We begin fighting in the Desmond Barony of Tralee

31 Dec – We win the battle and begin the Siege, 362 foes survived the battle

17 Jan, 1067 – They attack me in Tralee

25 Feb – We rout their army and have a warscore of 50%

20 May – Bailey built in Thurmond which gives us +0.4 monthly gold and better fort strength

27 June – Our grandson named Búaidbéo is born! He is robust like his mother!

14 Aug - My Chaste Petty Queen is pregnant. Please have a daughter!

12 October – Tralee, the capital of Desmond falls, and the holding is ours and we have a warscore of 100%!

I captured in the Siege of Tralee the Earl and his son.

We sacked 32 cash

We take in peace:

I gained 40 fame, spend 40 prestige 400 prestige for my allies to share with Earl Ragnvold II, and Desmond!

Earl Muiredach of Desmond – 3/7/15/5/4 – 42 years old prowess of 11, Temperate, Chaste and Compassionte, has a relations of -83 with -40 of that due to wanting on my council. Irish and Catholic.

Desmond is a Powerful Vassal. I hire Earl Ragnvald II as my 5 Dip appoint his 15 Stewardship a s my Steward. We rise to -33.

Desmond
– Four Baronies, all different terrain, coastal, in Munster Duchy, my levies are now totaling 731 when restocked and then 100 control and 6 development. I get 0.2 cash monthly in taxes.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote