View Single Post
Old 10-11-2023, 05:47 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CK3 Dynasty Take One - Munster

Hello everyone! I hope you are having an awesome day today! Am I feeling to try and take on the grand historical real time strategy game Crusader Kings 3 that came out in September of 2020 just a little more than three years ago which I haven’t done yet? After doing EU2 for a bunch of dynasties CK came out and then I liked it more and then played it bunches. Then I played EU3 post release bunches and left CK and then after CK2 came out, I did a sample dynasty as Aragon to get a feel for the new dynamics of the game and liked it, but never came back and EU4 became my go to Paradox grand strategy and I have done tons of EU4 stuff including three back to back dynasties earlier this year, two of which were womb to tomb.

So, do I want to try out CK3 now for the first time here with you to see where it is? I only played CK2 once soon after release and played a decently powerful guy with some challenges in the Reconquista of Iberia to try out. But that was once and back in September 2012 more than ten years ago. So…now what? Am I ready to try this thing out? And, if so, with whom? I like the idea of taking an easier to start new nation that’s still got challenges, like Aragon in the massive wars of the era, but with stuff to bring to the table, rather than my normal one province minor.

So then…is this my next challenge? And who am I taking? I load up CK3 for the first time.
I start in 1066 and won’t change any things in the selection. I look at the three suggested starts for CK3 in the beginners guide a Dukedom in Munster in Ireland to unite the Isle, which I did with CK1, Bohemia or the free Dukedom of Apulia in southern Italy, which I did with Salerno in CK1. The beginner’s guide suggests starting as a Duke title to avoid the titles going independent after death. So we’ll do that. Also the Guide suggests doing something small in your first run through in order to not worry about the other stuff.

All DLCs were purchased.

Who do I like? Dukes, small stuff, and hopefully independent based on the beginner’s guide – the Rags to Riches start has the Duchess of Tuscany as a start. It assigns easy to Munster and Bohemia and medium to Tuscany and Apulia.

I could do Iberia in Pieces at 1066 but I am steering away from that since that was Aragon. In CK2.

I have done all of the easy starts for the Rags to Riches in previous CK games from Iberia to Ireland to Italy. So, who do I like here?

I am playing at normal difficulty.

I’m unsure about Bohemia since its HRE and not easy to gobble up neighbors. But it’s easy. Or I could just do Munster which is the tutorial so I could learn this new game. Munster or Bohemia, Bohemia or Munster? I’ve done multiple CK East Europe Catholics against local pagans and Bohemia would play into that.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-19-2023 at 08:02 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote