View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 02:52 PM   #437
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The Lions currently sit on top of the NFC North with a game lead over the Packers. They have largely taken care of business, stumbling against Seattle, but then rattling off three straight conference wins.

They will be tested on the road the next two weeks against a surprising 3-1 Buccaneers (and their classic Creamsicle uniforms, which I love) and then the Ravens.

The Lions have lost two of their three big time free agent secondary signings in CJ Gardner-Johnson (may comeback by the end of the year) and Emmanuel Mosley (out for the year after two plays). I could see the Lions looking to make a trade to get some more depth at cornerback. I love Jerry Jacobs, but he's a UDFA and a bit inconsistent.

I think they will try to get Jack Campbell more involved in the defense. He has been okay, not great so far.

Brian Branch has been amazing.

Offensively, Montgomery has been a perfect fit for the offense. Sam LaPorta has been phenomenal. Gibbs still really hasn't done much and is now hurt.

Jamo is still very much a work in process and we can only hope that he develops into what they expecting when he was drafted. It's not expected at this point.

Thanks to hitting on LaPorta and Branch in the second round, the Lions may have one of the best 2023 draft classes.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote