Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 06:59 PM   #263
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
What would have done in their position? Oh, I don't know. Gave up on the failed policy of terror many many years ago and have taken one of the many peace plans that they have been offered that would have given them more freedoms and independence and the ability to deal on the world stage. It is not like there haven't been many opportunities for peace shattered over the decades. Not always the Palestinians fault, but also not always Isreal's fault either.

Agreed that that policy of terror by both sides of the war is not helping. It certainly does not provide a great working relationship for peace negotiations. I think they should both stop.

Which deal do you think they should have taken? The 2000 deal is really the only one that seemed feasible. And that still amounted to one side stealing the land of the other and then negotiating to give 10% back with some caveats. Perhaps with the position the Palestinians were in, they should have taken it.

But I think many people would reject it, including Americans. If our land had been taken from us and the peace proposal was we got to keep a few states in the Northeast, I think you know where public sentiment would lie.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote