View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 07:51 PM   #417
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
It's a strange world where Baker Mayfield is considered on the way out and Daniel Jones is getting $40 million for checking down five times for every pick Mayfield throws.

Which is not to say Mayfield is that tier 2/3 we talked about earlier. The 2020 season (legit tier-2 numbers) seems like the outlier rather than the breakout. But I don't see a guy like Jones giving you much of a chance of doing more than compiling an impressive set of three-and-outs against a good defense.

Fascinating...the PFF grades for the two players have them really far apart, more or less in keeping with the pay differential, I guess... the last three seasons Jones has posted a season rating in the 70s, where Mayfield used to be during his better years in Cleveland, but his '21 was in the 60s and his '22 was in the 50s. I can definitely see why a team in transition might take a chance on him (heck, in our Giants thread last year we even murmured about a swap) but I just don't see the validity of saying Jones brings nothing to the table, as you seem to be.

I don't watch serious film, or study intently, so... my view doesn't count for much.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote