View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 05:17 PM   #404
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Interested to see this team finally get some real action tonight...of course I'm a Lions fan in the first place, so I was already highly invested & excited for this game.

I feel like overall the Lions had a great offseason on paper, and followed a lot of the same thoughts that we had in here. The defense seems vastly improved in almost all positions, but I suppose tonight will certainly serve as a test. Like most of the internet there was some freaking out over the draft in here, but in retrospect that's only part of the offseason and although there was much gnashing of teeth about HOW they got them, the Lions actually a fair amount of players that we thought stuck out as culture fits (Branch and Campbell primarily)

One place that I think Holmes threw us and everybody else for a loop was RB. Rejecting Jamaal Williams and signing Montgomery was only the first piece of that surprise & following that up by drafting Gibbs was another head scratcher, pouring lots of capital and new faces into a position that was actually one of the strengths last year. Will be interesting to finally see how those pieces fit tonight. Gibbs made plenty of splash in camp & joint practices but they've seemingly kept Montgomery entirely under wraps.

I'm also interested to see how WR2-4 shakes out. Almost every receiver after St. Brown has a question mark above their head. Someone needs to show up & it can be as either a possession guy or a deep threat, but a consistent second threat at receiver would help this team a lot & that seems like one of the last potential holes that the Lions left on paper this off-season.

I hope to see that defensive line prosper, both from the added experience & an improved 2nd and 3rd level defense.

What are you all looking for tonight?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote