View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 05:38 PM   #93
CrossroadsReb
Mascot

Backstage incidents
--Lex Luger was identified as a hard drug user in a drug test after the show. I chose to give him a stern warning and Buff and Sting are very happy with that decision.

Thoughts
--The highest rated event or show since WCW came back from the ashes in May, led by a stellar main event and a solid tag team title match.

--Steiner wins clean over Booker T and gives himself some major momentum heading through the dog days of summer 2001. Smiley and Miller win the tag team titles, with a little help from Page and Sting, to become the world tag team champions.

--My fond memories of Memphis Wrestling led me to book the fluke tag team championship win when the jobber team of Robert Reed and Ken Raper defeated The Assassins for the CWA World Tag Team titles in October 1983 on Saturday morning wrestling, with a bit of assistance from the Fabulous Ones, Stan Lane and Steve Keirn. Sure, they only held the titles for two days but a then 9-year-old wrestling fan remembers it vividly.

--My backstage rating has increased to 83% in spite of Kevin Nash’s best efforts to upend everything.

--The next major event I have titled the T2 Cup, a one-night tag team tournament to serve as a tweener for the six weeks between Phoenix Rising and Fall Brawl, which is the last week of September. The Cup tournament will be held the first Wednesday in September, which would correspond with September 5, 2001. I think of it as what the Clash of the Champions was many years ago, only in tag team form.
CrossroadsReb is offline   Reply With Quote