View Single Post
Old 08-07-2023, 06:51 AM   #331
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Nice first step. Wonder if he'll repeat this out loud in his future rallies vs just reporters. I'm sure they'll be asked "the" 2020 election question in GOP debates.

Looks like his committed to (re)stating this. He does need to do something to shake it up some.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/07/ron-...on-claims.html
Quote:
DeSantis continued to discuss all the ways he believed the previous presidential election was not perfect. But pressed further, he clearly stated that Trump lost.

“But respectfully, you did not clearly answer that question,” Burns said. “And if you can’t give a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ on whether or not he lost —”

“No, of course he lost,” DeSantis said, adding, “Joe Biden’s the president.
:
And at a campaign stop in Iowa on Friday, DeSantis also strongly dismissed theories that the election was stolen, saying they “did not prove to be true.””
Smart of him to add below. He'll lose the true believers but maybe he'll get the more "moderate" Republicans.

Quote:
Still, DeSantis made sure to point out in Sunday’s interview that he saw a number of problems with the 2020 election, including Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s grants for election administration, the widespread availability of mail-in ballots, state laws that allow third parties to collect and return voters’ ballots, and how social media outlets de-emphasized a story about the laptop of President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden.

“I think what people in the media and elsewhere, they want to act like somehow this was just like the perfect election. ... I don’t think it was a good-run election,” DeSantis said. “But I also think Republicans didn’t fight back. You’ve got to fight back when that is happening.”
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote