View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 09:43 PM   #82
CrossroadsReb
Mascot

Weekly Notes
--Not a bad show. Goldberg vs TTP was not the usual dominant match you might see on a big return but it does help advance the ongoing conflict between Luger and Bret. I wasn’t sure about placing it in the main event because I really didn’t know what to expect from Goldberg coupled with Luger’s 64 Psychology rating.

--In the WWF, Kurt Angle turned babyface at Raw last night from Madison, Wisconsin. The switch of allegiance was designed to both refresh Angle and the top of the card with a whole host of potential new matches and feuds.

--Also, Hollywood Hogan has admitted his new catchphrase that he debuted last night was ‘entirely improvised’ and that he’s surprised that it appears to have gone down so well. Don’t know what it could have been. Maybe “I AM THE ORANGE GOBLIN!!” or “That doesn’t work for me, brother.”

--NWA Wildside saw a major injury to CM Punk as he suffered a fractured larynx in a six-man tag match on Thursday night. Early estimates are that it will sideline Punk for around two months.

--If rumours are to be believed, the next big WWF storyline will center around Hollywood Hogan going head-to-head with The Rock. The feud is said to be the focal point of the promotion for somewhere between six and nine months.

--All Japan has seen a title change with Keiji Mutoh winning the prestigious AJPW Triple Crown championship from Genichiro Tenryu at the Summer Action Series in Osaka, Japan.

--The next Nitro will begin our new broadcasting deals with a few networks. The ratings and viewership should increase with these new deals.
CrossroadsReb is offline   Reply With Quote