View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 09:55 PM   #244
RainMaker
General Manager

DeSantis is cooked and I think that even if Trump dropped out, died, or whatever, he would still struggle to win the nomination. He just has no charisma and his campaign focus has been on weird cultural issues that are mostly for online folks.

Most people in the real world don't care about Disney culture wars. The brand is actually seen positively by most people. Even for someone like me who is online a lot, I don't even know what he's angry with them about. It's just such a bizarre issue to build your entire campaign around. At least when Trump ran in 2016, he had some issues that people might care about (drain the swamp, build the wall).

As for other candidates, Haley and Pence seem to be trapped in 2008 Republican politics and just don't understand that they are not what the party wants. Scott seems hellbent on angling for a VP spot while Christie seems to be in it for spite.

My guess is Trump wraps this up pretty early and I can see DeSantis pulling out right after New Hampshire. It's tough to compete with Trump when your base are people who post on 4chan and closeted men.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote