View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 11:36 AM   #47
Radii
Head Coach

E-Sports

Set 9 Aegis Marauder League - Google Sheets

Above is the link to the standings and schedule for the League i'm participating in. Aegis is the name of the org that runs it, Marauder is the name they give to the Master/Grandmaster league (I think i've mentioned, but they also have leagues for diamond and challenger players above and below us).

There are 48 participants. So I'm guaranteed 3 weeks of play. Even though the 4th week is still the "regular season", they'll eliminate the bottom 8 players. They try to not have you play when there's nothing to play for, some people won't show up if they're in that spot, etc. My name in game is Rhiow. The current standings even with no games played are sorted by current rank. At Diamond 2 I'm right in the middle of the pack. The folks at the top are currently Master.

This league gets referred to as AML. I'm excited for the first week of games tomorrow!

Riot Competitive

The first major event is this weekend for the top players in the scene. There was a snapshot of the ranked ladder at a certain point last weekend. Players ranked 33-160 will compete this weekend (Saturday and Sunday), with 32 of them advancing to next weekend, where they will meet up with the players ranked 1-32 - who basically got a bye into the second weekend. The top 4 players will quality for the Set 9.0 finale, everyone else will earn qualifier points.

Mid-Set Explanation

Set 9.0 runs for 3 months, then is replaced by set 9.5. The theme of the set (in this case, portals and legends) remain, many of the traits and units will remain, but about 1/3 to 1/2 will be replaced. This is the way TFT has operated since about set 3. This is the last time we'll do this. For Set 10 and onward it's just one large set. But here, we have 9.0 for a couple more months then 9.5. From an e-sports perspective, the World Championship takes place on 9.5. The final tournament of 9.0 is called the "Mid Set Finale" where the winner gets an automatic placement into worlds. For 9.0, there are two major tournaments leading up to the mid-set finale.

I follow this stuff pretty closely and will give small updates to that. And it does kind of lay out the goals that I have for this dynasty. The stretch stretch stretch goal would be to get good enough to try to get into that top 160 to play in major events. Obviously I'm an extremely long ways off from that which is why I have a number of other goals in between to reach for.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote