View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 12:40 AM   #110
Izulde
Head Coach

Code:
2028 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 61. Montana State Big Sky PG Jerrold Gibson *** 0 0 3 1 0 138. Colorado State Big Sky SG Jules Weiss *** 0 0 1 0 3 163. Eastern Washington Big Sky PG Tony Smith *** 0 0 1 1 3 202. Northern Arizona Big Sky PG Irvin Carmack *** 0 0 1 1 2 221. Sacramento State Big Sky SG Jean Askins *** 0 0 1 0 0 226. Southern Utah Big Sky SG Eric Clark *** 0 0 1 0 2 228. North Dakota Big Sky SG Kenneth Chapman ** 0 0 0 2 4 267. Montana Big Sky SG Agustin Hardin ** 0 0 0 1 1 269. Portland Big Sky C Rainier Roussell *** 0 0 1 0 0 318. Northern Colorado Big Sky C Jeffrey Blaney * 0 0 0 0 1 332. Weber State Big Sky SF Herb Anderson * 0 0 0 0 1

RR no doubt feels a little slighted, but it's worth noting by himself he's still the best recruiting class since Sid Johnson, Alvaro Houghton, Dominique Judson, etc. came to Portland.

Eutropio Rey had a very successful first recruiting season - five 2* to finish with the #195 ranked class despite a second straight 12-20 (3-5) season. That was good for 2nd in the Big West.

CSU-Northridge pulled in the greatest class in school history, and the best in the Big West - the #57 ranked class, including four 3*s! One was a Juco, but they're all from California, reverting back to what I did before to have success.

Andrew Morgan wants another raise to $60,000. Sure, why not? Robbie Jay is on thin ice, though. But as long as he's happy making $30,000 a year, I'll keep him.

Our prestige inched up from 46 to 48 and the AD is thrilled with our title challenge last year. They still only want .500 in conference, thankfully.

Coach Movement
Stuart Robertson, who has coached North Dakota for 16 years, was finally fired. 63 year old Brian Gonzales, a coaching guru (100 Coach O/70 Coach D) who sucks everywhere else, was hired from the Iowa assistant job.

Southern Utah's head coach retired and they hired Thomas Smith, an ace Offensive coach (100) with good recruiting ability, and bad everywhere else. The 50 year old spent the last two years in Eastern Michigan and USC, as a result of getting poached from Niagara and then following his new mentor from the Eagles to the Trojans.

Thankfully not too scary a hires...

Transfers
We have a scholarship open because a guy transferred out. Brian Bailey, a promising defensive big sophomore, is interested, but he goes to Eastern Washington. That's twice now they've taken guys I was interested in.

So we grab 6'5, 220 lbs Chris Montgomery, a sophomore PF who transferred from Purdue. Great defender and shotblocker who is an academic risk and strikes me more as a SF since he can't rebound. He's Red/Orange but I've seen guys glow up in potential and current from that before after TC.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote