View Single Post
Old 07-05-2023, 08:38 PM   #41
Radii
Head Coach

Wednesday Part 2

I'm recording my first game to VOD review later.

Game 1: Another tough early game, with one early game decision that might have really made this one difficult. I ended up getting two of the same 3 cost - Jayce - very early and held on to them, never 2*'ing him and he's not great just 1*. Probably should have ditched him, it made my stage 2 shit. I got lucky rolling on stage 4 and hit a deadeye board with Akshan (instead of the Aphelios that I struggle with). I thought I had a sure top 4 but a couple of the guys below me got real strong and I went out 5th. 5th: -10 (D3 22 LP)

Game 2: I want to play Akshan, I've made tons of AD items to play him (plus Aphelios or Urgot), but when 4-1 comes, what happens? I instead just get a ton of copies of the most contested unit in the game, Kaisa. So we transition to Kaisa/Yasuo. I have two generic items good for Kaisa and Yasuo uses AD, so it's fine, but the rest of the comp is crazy contested and I never 2* Yasuo or Shen. I do luck into a top 4, as 3 of us die on the same round going 4/5/6, but I win the tiebreaker to go 4th. 4th: +10 (D3 32 LP)

Game 3: I had a void/sorc opener that leads itself to Azir/Lux pretty naturally. I hit one azir, one lux, two others were playing the same comp, and I never hit another of either one. I thought I was stable and went 8 (an attempt to play more aggressively, more for a top 2 than just top 4), which maybe was a mistake, or maybe I just got unlucky. Either way, it's a 6th. 6th: -23 LP (D3 9 LP)

Game 4: This is my 3rd triple prismatic game in my last 7 since coaching. I've bot 4'd every one of them. I hate them so much. I think I played my sorcerer line decently, and honestly it was one round away from being 3rd, but also one round away from being 7th. So falling 5th is probably not something to complain about. 5th: -10 LP (D3 0 LP)

I'm looking forward to reviewing the game I recorded. I like to wait a little while so any thoughts i had during the game have faded a bit, so I'll do that later tonight or first thing tomorrow. This could easily just be random variance, it could be a bit of an adjustment since I climbed a number of divisions quickly, it could be trying to play differently after coaching and not implementing things correctly yet.

Last edited by Radii : 07-05-2023 at 09:40 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote