View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 10:38 AM   #21
Radii
Head Coach

So we're recovered from what I'm pretty sure was food poisoning, maybe with some other stuff? I haven't really played at all for the last week. The first patch went in today. Lets review where I'm at and what went wrong the first patch:

- I'm currently Plat III. Despite a stated goal to take the game seriously and to work to improve in a systematic way, this is the worst ranking I've held after one patch in a couple years now.

- This set is different and really fun, so I found myself doing none of the things I wanted to do to study and just spammed tons of games. I wasn't looking at stats sites and wasn't studying streams and some of my ideas were just dead wrong, so we got stuck at a pretty shit rating.

Dedictated Study

So how do we fix this and get moving for real starting now with this next patch and with me feeling good enough to focus for the first time in about a week?

1) Watch a challenger streamer for at least 1 game a day, preferably 2 (about an hour but if I watch a VOD I watch at 1.5x speed). The top streamers answer questions constantly and drop small tidbits of knowledge constantly. FOCUS is the key here. I have streams up all the time but if I'm playing a game myself or reading reddit I'm not actually taking in info.

2) Record and review one of my own games for every 20 games played. This more than anything feels like "homework" but it also is super rewarding. But apparently I need to set a rule to follow through and do this.

3) Data Sites - TFT Meta, Stats, Comps, Match History and more Teamfight Tactics tools contains a ton of data on augments, team comps, items showing how they're performing in real games (not a 'tier list' but actual data). For some reason I wasn't making use of this site in my play nearly as much in the first week.

4) Limit FOR FUN plays - I was insistent that I could make the Caitlyn legend work and that she fit my playstyle, despite no top players using her and knowing she was generally considered bad. I don't know why I did this but yeah, no more of that.

So there we go, lets get back to it.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote