View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 08:36 AM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

Strategy

A couple notes, if I keep getting top 4's my MMR will continue to go up and I'll be facing grandmaster players soon. So it still will feel a bit paradoxical but what usually happens here is I will have a good start b/c I played on PBE and have more practice than most, but very soon I will run into players who also have practice and are probably better than me. In any one game I can hang and might do well but over time against that group I'll get smashed into the ground. It's fun when your rank is Silver when that happens.

The other note is pointing out that I played Zeri in my first two games, and minus some small variation played the same team comp. This is where we start talking about the fact that there are only 4 team comps I really want to focus on, at least for now. Playing a narrow number of comps will let me gain proficiency with them and I'll navigate them better and better. Here I didn't find my main tank right away but easily slotted in a substitute (Nasus) and kept him until nearly the end of the game.

So I have 4 comps I want to play, and two of them - Aphelios carry and Zeri carry - are likely to be the dominant two out of even that list of 4. If the game gives me a heavy start towards something else I'll try my best to play it, but usually I won't really branch out until the second patch changes the meta up a bit and I need to adjust.

One last note, in my last post I said "I don't get a lot of 1sts" - typically my playstyle makes me one that is more of a "top 4 player". I will gain top 4's at a higher rate than average but will get 1st less than average. I do want to improve upon my 1st place rate, I think it's far too low most sets, but in general I'm happy with this playstyle and general trend.

Last edited by Radii : 06-14-2023 at 08:37 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote