View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 08:30 AM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

Game Details, with Highlight

Game 2:

2-2: Very Early Warwick 2, will likely carry me to 5 streak.

2-6: We find an Urgot (4 cost Zaun/Deadeye) which fits my board perfectly. We are indeed 100 health at Krugs (the first minion round after player combat starts). I don't think we are quite as strong as last game, but still off to a great start.

3-2: I make an extremely aggressive play by leveling to 7 on this turn. That takes me down to 20 gold, and if I lose any of the next 3 rounds or so I will fall behind the lobby in economy. I think it'll allow me to streak through wolves. I easily win on 3-2. There is one opponent who is very strong and I think I beat him if I do this.

3-5: I hit a Zeri which I like better than Urgot, I sell Urgot and make the swap. On 3-5 I do lose to the dangerous opponent, despite being level 7 to his 6. But winning on 3-2 and 3-3 was enough to allow me to recover my economy

3-7: I'm in 2nd with 93 health. 3rd has 60, the two of us at the top are really beating up the rest of the lobby. I'm going to be greedy here and not roll any at 7, I may lose a couple more rounds but will have a ton of gold at 8 to finalize my team comp.

4-3: I take two bad losses and go level 8 and roll a bunch. I hit a 2* Nasus who doesn't really fit in my comp but will do for now - he's a tank, and my Warwick/Sett Juggernauts were not holding up anymore.

4-5: I hit Zeri 2 but have not hit a Sejuani which is critical for my comp. I roll back to 10 again, after this we'll just save up until stage 5.

4-7: After 4 rough losses I end the stage with a win (would have been ok losing for the streak gold). I'm in 3rd but only 45 health.

5-1: I hit a single Sejuani and round out a comp with 4 zaun/4 gunner/2 Freljord and 2 Juggernauth for now b/c I am playing nasus. With 2* Zero and 2* Nasus I think I'm strong enough to top 4 from this point and hope to stop rolling all my gold every round. I think 2nd is the best I could do and 5th is the worst I could do.

5-3: Adjustment to drop out of 4 Zaun to play Bruiser (Sion with Sej) and to go up to 3 Freljord with Ashe.

5-6: We've lost our last 3 rounds and 5 still remain. We've taken close losses and still are in 3rd with 17 health but this is going to be close. On stage 5-6 I get a huge win over one of the top 2 guys, and someone drops out. We have secured a top 4. We'd like to find a way to get 3rd or maybe even 2nd.

6-1: The 3rd (me) and 4th place players win over the 1st/2nd. Still 4 left and it's even closer.

6-2: I lose to the guy in 4th, now I'm in 4th. Another loss and I'm out. Scores are 30/15/11/2, I could still get 3rd.

6-3: I outposition the player in 1st and beat him! Someone finally goes out andI've made top 3! Of the two left I can beat one of them, so this will mostly come down to RNG bssed on who I match up against.

6-5: I am matched up against the ghost of the player I don't think I can beat. But ghosts are usually weaker :fingers_crossed: I beat the ghost with 1 unit left!! And in the other fight the lower opponent loses and is out 3rd. I've got a top 2!

The program I use to capture highlights so I can review my play makes it very easy to upload to youtube, so I uploaded round 6-5 which was the very very close round that secured me a 2nd place. If I lose this round I'm out 3rd. My carry (Zeri) is the back left unit). I assume I am losing as their front line collapses around Zeri very early into the fight but I hold on just long enough.

6-6: I probably don't win under any circumstance but here I get outpositioned hard and lose badly.

A VERY exciting game of TFT, one where I could have gone out 5th but managed to get 2nd instead. I don't get a lot of 1sts, and in this one 1st felt completely impossible, but 2nd feels extremely good.

Result:

2nd, +193 LP, up to Bronze I 89 LP.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote