View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 07:48 PM   #98
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
We don't know what he's done in that area. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the indictment doesn't address that.

I would imagine the prosecutors didn't go that way because it would be harder to prove, but it's not exactly a secret that Mar-a-Lago has been awash with foreign agents: Mar-a-Lago a magnet for spies, officials warn after nuclear file reportedly found | Mar-a-Lago | The Guardian

How many foreign agents saw or stole (or were shown by Trump) sensitive national defense documents?

Quote:
Even if it had, that would still not be treason.

"Aid and comfort" to the nation's enemies could very well include furnishing them with sensitive national defense documents. Arguably. Regardless of which part of the Constitution or U.S. code you want to refer, the point is that his actions with these documents (even the actions described in the tape transcripts alone) are potentially ruinous for our intelligence apparatus and that of our allies. Frankly, it should be a hanging offense.

Ethel and Julius Rosenberg were executed for basically this, though the charge there was espionage.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote