View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 12:06 AM   #13
Radii
Head Coach

Strategy

We're still about a week away from the set going live. I'm still playing semi-casually on the beta environment to learn all of the new details of the set so I can go full speed on release day.

The last major patch went in today. The game will remain stable until next Monday or Tuesday, where they will release one final balance patch before live. At this point there is value in refining a strategy to use on day 1, because major bugs and major imbalances have been fixed for the most part.

Game Details

A number of top players release their own tier list of TFT comps. RobinSongz is a top ladder and tournament player that I like a lot. He has a website dedicated to the game, and he released his Set 9.0 Comp guide today:

Robinsongz Set 9.0 Comp Guide

There are a lot of playable team compositions, but I tend to find that if I focus on 3 or 4 at most I will have the best results. I aim to play the same 3 comps most games, and to be aware of other ones in case I get a super strong opener I can deviate. 90% of the time though I want to use the same comps.

I've taken my early comp strategy list and refined it, picking 4 comps that Robin suggests and making notes on the details of them. Soon those notes will be second nature, but for now having them written down will help.

I'll put the updated details of my intended play strategy in the next post.

Last edited by Radii : 06-09-2023 at 12:07 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote