View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 10:12 AM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

My Ranked Journey So Far

Those familiar with the game can see my profile here:

Rhiow - Set 8.5 Stats - TFT Stats, Leaderboards, League of Legends Teamfight Tactics - LoLCHESS.GG

Since TFT came out, there have been 8 sets (or seasons). In the past sets were broken up into two separate parts, so for Set 8, which finishes next week, there was a set 8.0 and set 8.5. These were effectively different seasons where you would finalize a rank in 8.0 and start over again in 8.5. I haven't played every single set, I have taken a few off.

My final ranking in each set:

Set 1: Diamond 3
Set 2: Platinum 4
Set 3: Platinum 4
Set 3.5: Master
Set 4: Master
Set 4.5: Diamond 2
Set 5: Didn't Play
Set 5.5: Platinum 1
Set 6: Master
Set 6.5: Didn't Play
Set 7: Master
Set 7.5: Diamond 1
Set 8: Diamond 2
Set 8.5: Master (this is the current set)

At this point as long as I play the set and take it even halfway seriously, I will make Diamond. It takes some diligence, study and persistence to reach Master.

Peak Rank

Once you reach master level you can just gain LP indefinitely as you continue to play games. Or, more likely, you get stuck b/c you've reached the peak of yoru skill level and you gain a little here and there and then tank your way back down to 0 until you give up. giving up, mind you, as one of the top 5,000-10,000 players out of 700,000+

My peak was at the end of last week. I briefly hit 210 LP, and was rank #1485 out of ~700,000 ranked players in North America. If you remember above, Grandmaster is the top 1000 players, and Challenger is the top 300.

I've hit master a number of times, I usually have one little hot streak to get me over 100 LP, but I have never found the skill needed to sustain it or to make it up to Grandmaster.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote