View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 09:25 AM   #463
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Are "the left" the only side that was protesting George Floyd's murder and police brutality? I'm always curious at that being assigned strictly to the left. Especially when many of these incidents that conservatives complain about were verifiably incited by white supremacists.

I think the right is by far more prone to incite crap like this, but let's be fair and balanced here. A lot of the good that could have come from the George Floyd situation, as an example, was undermined by opportunists looting and in general creating chaos, for no other reason, than to create chaos. Was it all left leaning people, no, but it still doesn't change the fact that people that protest on that side are not incapable of violence.

And Seattle was a complete shitshow, which I blame on city leadership as much as anyone.

And I am not a "both sides" guy, it's just the truth. I see a lot of the machinations of the far right a lot more dangerous for our country than anything the left is doing, but neither extreme gets a pass when it comes to protest violence.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-30-2023 at 09:26 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote