View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 11:51 PM   #68
Izulde
Head Coach

We land a player who looks like an absolute banger - a pure stud in the making that I'd love to be around to coach:

Code:
#10 C Major Ramirez -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-8 Weight: 225 High School: Norte Vista High School Hometown: Riverside, CA GPA: 2.64 Test Score: 850 Rating: *** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 66 0 42 3 0 16 36 16 67 29 29 8 22 67 35 58 Potential: A F C C F C B B A C B C Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 17.9 3.9 10.3 1.8 2.4 0.73 1.3 0.2 2.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7.5 13.6 .548 3.0 6.4 .461 0.0 0.5 .000 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Cal State Northridge Rankings: West Region #41 Overall, West Region #8 C High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Cal State Northridge, Loyola Marymount

Red/Blue and at #273 if that holds, he'd be our highest ranked player since just inked freshman PG Eutropio Rey (who was #264). But I'm on the hotseat so it's tough.

Our stud potential Red/Blue PG Ned Fraser is willing to redshirt and I'm more than happy to give it to him with Jakub Sedlacek, Paul Mattson and Rey already on board.

This is the first time in a long time that we've not fielded a single Green player in the starting lineup. And yet, as a composite 1-5 this is probably the most complete defensive squad we've ever fielded. We're not running pressure a ton (5) but we're fast paced (7) with Kevin McKenzie and Bogdan Gonchar as the key players following the Butterfly Man's graduation, and both those guys showed flashes of ability in last year's trainwreck season.

Also of note: All three of the Internationals Class are now in the lineup, and none of the 1* Big Class ever had a full-time starting gig. One of them, Anastasio Damato, transferred out last year and played his final season in Division II after getting no D-I offers.

@ McNeese State
Interesting all-junior lineup for the Cowboys this year. Let's see how we do. I get the sense this is going to be a close contest.

7 point half-time lead and neither team is shooting well. Our defensive work is definitely showing, and they have some decent guys who can play D, too. So it's an interesting game.

7 is our final victory margin, too. 20 points, 3 steals for Bogdan Gonchar in the 66-59 triumph, 16 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals for Kevin McKenzie, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks for Muhammed Owen, but it's Tim Grey who gets the surprise game ball - 8 points, 9 rebounds, a block, a steal, and it's a really weird choice. I'll take it, though.

@ Seattle (1-0)
The Redhawks are absolutely garbage despite their season-opening win. Senior PG Dan Martin scored 31 and he's the only one who is even decent on this dumpster fire. This should be a blowout if we can slow Martin down.

We're down by 3 at the half because we can't hit anything (36%). We shot 37.7% in our opener, so our shooting is a ginormous problem this season apparently. Frustrating - we should be destroying these dudes.

We go scoreless the last 4:05 of the game and it's enough to lose us a game that should have been a cakewalk.

San Diego State, UConn, and Baylor hang expected giant Ls on us. Muhammed Owen is out over a month after the Bears bash him.

vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff (2-1)
Welp, it's revenge of the 1* Bigs as Albert Ragsdale finds himself inserted in the lineup for this month. I'm guessing the Golden Lions gash us to hell and back.

Lead most of the half, fall apart at the end and go down by 2. Sounds really familiar. We just give up in the second 20 minutes.

vs Utah State (1-4)
In a normal world, the Aggies would be an easy win. We're not in a normal world.

Blink and you'll miss the 3 seconds we held a lead late in the first half, only to go down by 5. We get close a couple times in the second half, but L #6 in a row.

vs Coastal Carolina (4-4)
I don't remember scheduling these guys. Not that it matters. L incoming.

21 point L.

Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

We lose by 1 at home to Bucknell (a rout against Nevada-Reno is coming later in the campaign), blow a sizable lead at CSU-Bakersfield to close out our non-conference slate.

13 points a piece from Bogdan Gonchar and Jakub Sedlacek get us a comeback 2 point win over Pacific after blowing a 10 point lead, Gonchar getting PotG by adding 3 steals in the 69-62 win that was actually a nipper.

Muhammed Owen demands to come back early and we get hot in the second half to spank Cal Poly 76-61, as stud recruit (comparatively) Eutropio Rey goes off for 20 points to win PotG. 10 points, 5 rebounds from Kevin McKenzie, 13 points, 7 rebounds, 3 steals from Bogdan Gonchar.

Suddenly we're 2-0 to start Big West play and everyone is wondering if we're going to be the surprise team of the year that no one saw coming.

Oh, and we land our second and final recruit of the year. For some reason the transfer scholarship didn't roll over.

Code:
#20 SF Jeffery Aponte -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-7 Weight: 226 High School: Templeton High School Hometown: Templeton, CA GPA: 2.85 Test Score: 1320 Rating: ** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 35 33 32 28 38 17 11 12 33 43 43 44 43 61 43 15 Potential: A D D B B F D F D C C C Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 12.6 1.4 3.7 1.6 1.8 0.86 0.9 1.4 2.0 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.4 9.7 .554 1.9 3.9 .481 0.1 0.5 .100 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Cal State Northridge Rankings: West Region #84 Overall, West Region #18 SF High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Cal State Northridge, UC Santa Barbara, UNLV, San Diego State, Pepperdine

Solid all-around player who looks like a slasher with maybe some 3 point shooting potential. Pretty darn good get if you ask me and we've had some decent luck the last couple recruiting classes. But it might be too late to save my bacon.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote