View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 01:09 PM   #222
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

October 1, 2019

Marlon Smith has upgraded his interest in playing for us to Very High; it was only Average before. He still lists his faves in the same order, so it's looking like it's either Lehigh or us.

Their head coach, Gary Alaniz, is a good scout but not a very engaging recruiter. Their recruiting coordinator, Charlie Buchanan, can't hold a candle to Gregg Woods. Lehigh's facilities are 7th best in our 8-team league, and they've won 10 games in the past two years combined. Unless Marlon dreamed of playing for Lehigh all his life, we ought to be able to land him. Let's see what happens if we go max effort on him again.

As much as I like David Maxson, he's still listing us third in a group with Rutgers and Villanova after visiting our campus. David holds offers from both schools, so I don't see him passing both of them up. I pull our offer and decide to take a bit of a chance with it.

For the first time I can remember, a four-star recruit expresses Average interest in playing for us. His name is Jerry Sly, and he's a point guard from Carteret, New Jersey.

Code:
#22 PG Jerry Sly -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-1 Weight: 178 High School: Carteret High School Hometown: Carteret, NJ GPA: 2.36 Test Score: 880 Rating: **** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ***** Player hasn't been evaluated ***** Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 15.9 2.2 6.1 6.4 2.7 2.37 1.3 0.7 2.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.8 15.2 .446 0.8 0.9 .889 1.6 5.6 .288 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Current interest in Lafayette: Average Rankings: #29 Overall, #8 PG, East Region #7 Overall, East Region #2 PG High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: Georgetown, Hofstra

Jerry is a solid scorer and a good playmaker, with a fine assist/turnover ratio. His shooting numbers are good; I really like his accuracy from the free throw line.

He's expressed interest in two other schools, one more prestigious, one less. Neither have offered him a scholarship yet. Trusting the national rankings, I decide to make Jerry an offer before we evaluate him thoroughly. We'll do that this month, along with sending Graham and Gregg to visit him.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote