View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 09:24 PM   #25
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Thoughts
---According to TEW.com, WCW’s Big Bang was a critical success, especially compared to the last two plus years of WCW programming. Reviews have been generally positive but the ‘wrestling experts’ might be understandably cautious considering WCW’s recent history.

---A really great show to start the dynasty. It certainly exceeded my expectations. I will need better matches from the cruiserweights to get consistently solid shows but Helms and Chavo are probably the only ones that can hit the 60 mark right now and will be looked to carry the cruiserweight division for the next few months. I suppose I could use Kidman down the road. Jason Jett is also someone I need to take a look at down the road, perhaps the last part of ‘01 into ‘02.

---A solid main event with Booker T becoming the first champion of the ‘new’ WCW. A lot of ways I can go with the world title chase.

---O’Haire blames Palumbo for losing the tag team titles to Team Canada in a good match. Storm and Awesome could make a solid team while O’Haire may have higher aspirations.

---Rey Rey wins the US title for the first time in what turned out to be a highly graded battle royal...at least for 2001 WCW.

---I make a change in the PPV schedule with the Big Bang in play in 2001. Slamboree, usually in May, will be held in June with the Great American Bash going back to July. I always felt the GAB was a natural July event. I will likely replace Bash at the Beach with a new PPV. I know some historic things have taken place at BATB but it reminds me of Hogan too much so I’m changing it.

---According to the daily TEW newspage, The Rock is now the highest paid wrestler in the world. The game does allow workers to ask for, and sometimes receive, a pay raise. In this case, Rock is now making $385,000 per month. I’m assuming that was the case here. I checked the editor and he does not have wage matching or anything that would explain the enormous pay raise other than asking for it through the game engine.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote