View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 10:16 PM   #185
Edward64
Head Coach

Things don't look that great for Rivian market wise.

I'll root for them because they want to bring jobs to GA and more competition is good.

Rivian’s Troubles Don’t End at a 93% Wipeout
Quote:
The relentless erosion in Rivian Automotive Inc.’s share price is revealing an ugly truth: Investors have little faith left in the ability of the Amazon.com Inc.-backed company to compete in a crowded electric-vehicle market.
Quote:
A market capitalization that exceeded $150 billion days after a blockbuster public trading debut in late 2021 now stands at less than $12 billion after a 93% stock wipeout, reflecting almost no value beyond the company’s cash hoard.

Another piece of interesting news is Fisker's battery swapping ... shoebox size. I don't know about this, I'd be worried about quality or getting a battery that has had too many cycles already etc. I'd maybe get one to swap for home though.

I think the current approach of increasing battery range and creating more charging stations is probably the right approach.

https://insideevs.com/news/665282/fi...mpatible-2024/
Quote:
According to the official press release, the first customers for the Ample-powered Ocean EVs will be “fleet operators who are looking to transition to electric mobility without economic or operational compromises.” In other words, private customers won’t have access to this variant of the vehicle, at least in the beginning.

As reported back in 2021, Ample’s swappable battery packs are made out of multiple same-size modules which measure roughly the same as a shoebox. As opposed to the single-pack approach (like the one NIO is using), Ample’s strategy – which is apparently inspired by Lego blocks – allows basically any EV to receive a compatible battery that can be subsequently swapped for a freshly-charged one at a swap station.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote