View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 03:20 PM   #165
Edward64
Head Coach

Tesla Cybertruck supposedly this Sept. I'm definitely not in the market for one but glad to see it finally come to fruition (announced Nov 2019). Supposedly starting from $50K (not sure I believe that).

My guess is it'll take a couple iterations before it's accepted by the F-150 crowd.

Tesla spotted testing Cybertruck suspension on test track | Electrek
Quote:
The automaker currently has a fleet of Cybertruck beta prototypes undergoing extensive testing ahead of the start of production, which is scheduled for this summer.

Over the last few months, those prototypes have been spotted testing around California a handful of times.

Now a Cybertruck has been spotted undergoing more extensive testing – this time on Tesla’s test track at the Fremont factory:
Couple additional notes on cargo & towing. F-150 towing is 5,000-11,300 and payload < 2,300, so Cybertruck is competitive.

Quote:
According to Tesla, the Cybertruck is supposed to have a 6.5-foot bed, which Teslarati notes is larger than any other current electric truck's bed. The Rivian R1T has a 4.6-foot bed, the Hummer EV's is 5 feet, and the F-150 Lightning's comes in at 5.5 feet. Get upfront price offers on local inventory.
Quote:
The Dual Motor can pull 10,000 pounds while the Tri Motor can tow a massive 14,000 pounds. Additionally, the Cybertruck offers a payload capacity of 3,500 pounds. It can easily pull different RVs, travel trailers, and lightweight 5th wheels.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-03-2023 at 03:21 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote