View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 09:56 AM   #316
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The first round made me sad and unhappy.

For the first time in 20 years the Lions are favored to win the division and the NFC is pretty wide open. This draft was pivotal given where they are in the rebuild and the extra draft capital from the Stafford and Hockenson trades.

So, they end up reaching for two players at non-premium positions. The value of RBs and LBs has never been lower in the league. Sequan Barkley was the last running back taken in the top half of the first round before tonight. Two running backs never go. It was a huge reach. Campbell was a reach too. He struggles in pass coverage.

I like both players and if they had taken these guys in the second, I’d be thrilled, but they didn’t. They could have sat at 6 and taken Jalen Carter or Tyree Wilson and then, say, Deonte Banks at 18 and seriously improved their poopy defense.

Now watch them draft a guard or tight end at 34.

I believed in you, Brad Holmes!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote