View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 11:32 AM   #262
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

All three "final" mock drafts I looked at this morning and the betting odds all say that the Lions will be taking Devon Witherspoon at 6.

He fits the mold of cornerback they are looking for, especially Aaron Glenn, and among him, Jerry Jacobs, Gardner-Johnson they would perhaps lead the league in secondary trash talking.

It's not really what I would want at six, but a two of the mocks had all of the top d-line men - Anderson, Carter and Wilson - already gone by six and the other had the Lions passing on Carter, which could definitely be a thing.

At 18 the Lions could be in a prime spot to trade down and get more assets if a team gets nervous about a positional run. If the Lions do go CB at six, there really isn't a D-Line player, which I think is a big need, that really jumps out. It seems to be down to Kancey, Breese or Miles Murphy, assuming Van Ness doesn't slide.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote