View Single Post
Old 04-18-2023, 06:21 PM   #169
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

May 1, 2017
Graham Sims and his assistants are now a year older, but otherwise, their coaching profiles look the same. Recruiting assistant Steven Manion, lead scout Donn McClinton, and X-and-O man Thomas Liang will all return to their posts for the upcoming season.

Joe Lien's decision to enter the draft leaves us with an available scholarship...so for the first time, Coach Sims and I will be taking part in the transfer round! Let's see how this works. The help file doesn't give me any information, so I fully admit I might have to re-save a couple of times before I figure it out.

When I click on Transfers, I see a list of the players who have entered the portal. Two of them express interest in playing for us. One of them is Lionel Lessard, a 6'4" wing from Windber, PA who played for Pittsburgh last season.

Lionel was the #41 player in the Class of 2016, a solid four-star recruit. He played 25 minutes for the Panthers as a freshman. No wonder he wants to leave...

I can see a list of the programs Lionel is considering. We appear to be Lionel's fourth choice, behind Florida, Southern Illinois, and Arizona. New Mexico is #5 on his list.

I quickly offer Lionel a scholarship.

From Lionel's page, it looks like I have the option to "Watch Player." I'll try that. I'm also going to Watch a player named David Lindholm, a SF who is transferring from Princeton, and SF David Smith, departing Appalachian State. Then I spot wing David Sale, whom I recruited last season and lost to UConn, and guard Carl McGough, who is leaving St. Joseph's. Neither Carl nor any of the Davids have us on his list. I can offer these players, too, so I go ahead and do that. I wonder what will happen when I advance to the next round?

None of the players accept our offer. Lionel Lessard got the offer of his dreams from Florida, so he's off to Gainesville.

In the next round, nobody appears to have any interest in coming to play for us. Nor are any of them especially tempting. I'll click through the remaining stages.

The empty spot on our roster is filled by a nondescript freshman walk-on who was ranked #1824 in last year's senior class.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 04-18-2023 at 06:22 PM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote