View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 10:37 AM   #150
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 1, 2016

The month begins with very good news about recruiting. Jamie Kelso and Tim Hutchinson both commit to play for us next year.

Jamie is a solid three-star recruit who should develop into a creative playmaker who takes care of the ball and makes his teammates better. He's a Red/Yellow prospect, so he might be a bit raw when he arrives on campus. We should, however, be able to be patient with him, because we have other similar players (Richard Leak, Jack Senn, Justin Judkins) in the program already.

Tim, whom the experts believe is the better player (Red/Green), is a tall, lean wing whose nominal position might turn out to be SF, rather than SG. Joe Lien will be a senior when Tim joins us next year, so we shouldn't need him to be a BMOC right away.

We also learn that Todd DeHaven is willing to take a redshirt this year. My initial thought was "no way." He's probably good enough to start for us right now. The longer I think about it, however, the more intriguing the idea becomes. There are six players in our freshman and sophomore classes who are 6'9" or taller. If Todd moves to our Class of 2020, we'll spread that concentration of big men out a bit. Todd would then be part of a class that includes perimeter players Kelso and Hutchinson. I decide to let DeHaven spend a year training and developing before he hits the court.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote