View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 10:34 PM   #89
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Back from spring break and only match this week, a breezy 4-1 win over one of the (typically) better teams in the league. I've solidified our top singles team and they looked dominant against inferior competition. It started raining and hailing, one hour into the match but they have 7 courts and we managed to complete 5 of the 7 matches in that timeframe with us winning all but one of them.

We're using a sophomore at 1-singles and they were a bit overmatched today against easily the best player in the District (who lost to my 3-singles girl last year with a state bid on the line) but there's no one else really in her league save for whatever our rival decides to do at 1st singles.

Besides that, everything worked well with my lineup changes for league play and it was good to schedule these guys because I wanted to know if they'd potentially reloaded and it doesn't look like it.

Next week we scrimmage against the WA state champs, followed by matches against our rival and then a Thursday match against a newly added team to our league, the obvious real question is 1) can we hang with the WA state champs and 2) how much have our rivals reloaded with their new coach.

But today's performance confirmed my thoughts about our pathway to potentially running the District for at least this year.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-04-2023 at 10:35 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote