View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 01:15 PM   #122
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 1, 2015

The first two pieces of our recruiting class puzzle fall into place this month.

Daniel Warnock is the first player to announce his commitment to Lafayette basketball. Daniel ranks #196 among recruits in this class, and #30 among players at his position. He's the second most highly regarded player we've ever landed, after Joe Lien.

Right on the heels of Daniel's commitment, we receive good news from Jack Senn. Seton Hall appears to have made a late push to sign him, but Jack remained true to the program who liked him from the beginning.

Then comes the bad news. Drexel turns Darwin Alessi's head, and he signs with the Dragons. I didn't see that coming, and it makes things a lot more complicated for us.

So does the discovery that Jeffrey Gray signs with St. Francis. While I did see this coming, losing Alessi makes losing Gray more significant.

Then I notice that Robert Wiley isn't on my Call List anymore. That's because Robert has signed with Holy Cross! This is NOT working out the way I'd planned...

*deep breath*

Dan Langdon is, however, still on my list. He is still weighing his offers from Fairfield and Lafayette. He's upgraded his interest level to High. Coaches Sims and Manion will have to out-recruit Jack Jones, and not many coaches can pull that off. Cross your fingers.

I also decide to offer a scholarship to James Standard. We're James's first offer, and Graham and Steven can walk to his house to make the offer in person. That's exactly what they do.

Even when you lose the recruiting mini-game in FBCB, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

None of our players are willing to redshirt. That's a shame, because there won't be enough playing time to go around.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote