View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 04:12 PM   #253
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
TikTok and Instagram make no sense to me. I hate photos, so an entire app devoted to influencers and narcissism sounds awful. My kids continually send me TikToks and I think I've laughed at like a half-dozen total.

Although worse was (is? Does it still exist?) Snapchat - like 6-8 years ago, my kids would take pics making stupid faces or of literally nothing, and while driving at night, it was repeated flashes in the dark. About all I got out of that was gossip from my kids telling me about X or Z person who Snapped getting drunk, doing drugs, or having sex.

This is also me and probably a sign I'm getting old. Give me a chance to scroll Reddit for an hour and see dumb stories, stupid ass memes, and other stuff? Awesome. It even has some videos and they tell me what they are and I can roll right by them if I don't want to see them. But you want me to just watch movies 30s to 90s at a time of all that? Websites that went hard pivot to video were dumb and, generally decreased their viewership. And now you want me to just do that for hours on end on an app? Hard pass.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote