View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 01:49 PM   #110
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

Are you wondering how I decided Louis Hewett would become a coach? Starting with last season, when a senior graduates from the Lafayette program, I roll a d20. Right now, a roll of 16-20 means a graduate will choose coaching as a profession.

If I roll 16 or 17, he spends two years as a graduate assistant before I edit the league file to add him to my game as a possible Division I assistant coach.

If I roll 18, 19, or 20, he becomes a high school teacher and basketball coach. Each spring, I'll roll again for him. If the roll is 14 or higher, he decides to change gears and try college coaching, and I add him to the game as a possible assistant.

Sometimes I'll do the same thing for an opposing player I find interesting.

Louis is the first former Leopard to roll a coaching career. I rolled 19 for him, so he'll start at the high school level. I'll let you know if he becomes part of my NCAA universe.

Moses Washington, Bucknell '15, will also enter the coaching profession, with a roll of 17 that has him starting out as a grad assistant.

I might adjust the d20 rolls if it feels like too many former players are entering the profession.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote