View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 09:26 PM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

If you'd told me both Rabbithead and Angel Moore would score in single digits and we'd take UC-Irvine to OT at their place, I'd have called you a liar. But we do (losing naturally) as Rickie Burns goes off for 24 points and 2 steals, Florentin Dupretz scores 15 with a block and the Fish Knight just misses the double-double with 8 points, 14 rebounds, and a steal. Predictably, our offense completely evaporated in OT - we didn't score a single point.

Unfortunately, Angel Moore herniated a disc in the game and is out 46 days. Great. I force Rabbithead to play SF only and move Aldo Tucker to SG, over the objections of my staff. We've only won 2 games. Go to hell.

We drop our three point shooting slightly, slow the pace down to a big fat 0, and reduce both our press and trap to last season's levels in response to the injury. Time to see what Hasenkopf can do as the Lone Ranger.

Lose 3 straight games where we fail to score 40 points, then lose the lead toHawaii on a bucket, then have Frank Ullrich of all people shoot a bad 3 as time expires, for loss 4 in a row, you say? Yep. And in that game against the Rainbow Warriors, Gunther Hasenkopf had 12 and 10, Aldo Tucker scored 14 with 6 boards, and Marlin Chevalier scored 13. This is what happens when you try to make up a spot shooter your focal scorer and run a 3 point gunning game when you move with the approximate speed of a DMV employee who is a literal snail.

Irony of ironies, we finally beat Pacific 45-29. Rickie Burns is PotG with 11 points, a block, and a steal. Rabbithead narrowly misses a double-double with 8 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 steals. Florentin Dupretz scores 13 with 2 steals and has actually periodically shown a scoring ability.

We're officially out of the basement with the win (CSU-Fullerton has been winless as the Titans' defense isn't as good as it was last year) and have a chance at staying barely above bottom in hosting Long Beach State, who has surprised with a 3-4 mark so far. Naturally they beat us by 16.

Our last game of the month is against our fellow CSU bottomfeeder and it's our chance to gain the advantage, but they're riding high on getting their first conference win. Of course we blow a lead, but it goes to OT, where Rabbithead takes over and we get a ton of FTs. 70-60 win on Hasenkopf's PotG 23 points, 7 rebounds, and a block, with Aldo Tucker adding 17 points, 2 blocks, and 2 steals.

About time Rabbithead took over a game. Yeesh.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote