View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 11:18 AM   #111
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I couldn't resist and it's been a while since I've done a PFF mock draft, well before the combine, trade, etc.

No trades and the board does seem to be a little more realistic than what Quik just did (Will Anderson at 18!).

So, here goes:

1.6 DT Jalen Carter, Georgia

Jalen Carter fell to six. The Seahawks took Tyree Wilson at 5. I could have taken any of the corners here, but went with the only blue chip talent left on the board that, also, fits a need.

1.18 RB Bijan Robinson, Texas

At 18, the best cornerback on the board was Deonte Banks. I, also, had my picks of the tight ends and more d-line help in the form of Kancey and Van Ness. Still, I went with who I felt was the most talented player left on the board.

2.55 LB Daiyan Henley, LB

If the Lions aren't going to address the linebacker position in free agency, let's do it in the draft. I love Daiyan Henley. He'd be the 4th linebacker off the board at this point.

2.55 CB Garrett Williams, Syracuse

I had a few options here. The most intriguing are DE Felix Anudike-Uzomah and DE Adetomiwa Adebawore. I, also, have a lot of love for tiny wideout Nathaniel "Tank" Dell, though his profile doesn't fit what I think the Lions are looking for, so I finally address CB.

3.81 WR A.T. Perry, Wake Forest

Tank Dell is still there, but the Lions are looking for size at WR, so 6'5" A.T. Perry it is.

5.153 TE Zack Kuntz, Old Dominion

This is a super deep TE class and 6'8" 245 lbs Jack Kuntz could fill a nice need. With a 6'5" Walker and 6'8" Kuntz, the Lions have added some significant size to the pass catcher corps.

I am just throwing darts from this point forward...

6.182 ED Jose Ramirez, Eastern Michigan

6.193 QB Stetson Bennett, Georgia

Here is the PFF grade for each pick:

Jalen Carter: A+
Bijan Robinson: D (ouch!)
Daiyan Henley: A
Garrett Williams: B-
A.T. Perry: B-
Zack Kuntz: B
Jose Ramirez: B+
Stetson Bennett: A-

Overall Grade: B+

I think this draft is a bit heavier on the offense than most would want - drafting a RB, TE, WR and QB, though I did use three of the five "premium picks" (those in the first three rounds) on defense - DT, LB and CB. I didn't address the hole at guard, which I don't love.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote