Izulde
Head Coach

Starting Over in the West (FBCB 2K10)

[b]Izulde Jestor - Level 0[/b ]
Recruiting: 50
Scouting: 10
Coach Offense: 10
Coach Defense: 30

A charming recruiter with a sort of knack for coaching defense, I've decided to take on the rebuilding project of the Cal State-Northridge Matadors. They've made it to the Big Dance twice - 2001 and 2009, losing both first round games. As of 2013, when our saga begins, their prestige is a whopping 2 in the Big West.

Their roster? Well...a whole pile of trash to be perfectly honest. The best player might well be a 6'7, 235 lbs C with excellent defense (83) but mediocre shotblocking and who can't rebound to save his life. Might actually be a candidate for SF since he has the best handling of a non-guard.

I notice in recruiting that UNLV has a prestige of 28. ...Oops. It's got the women's teams prestige settings still but with the guys instead. OH WELL! Call it an alternate universe.

Since I don't necessarily trust my scouting (or that of my assistant), my initial passthrough is guys who have either 20+ points, 3+ steals, 3+ blocks, or 7+ assists, 6+ assists with under 2 TOs a game. I'm not worried about if anyone can shoot - I just want disruptors.

The first guy who draws my attention is Tacito Rey, a 3* 6'2, 197 point guard out of Gardena, CA, who would immediately be the best shooter/passer/handler on the team. Immediate scholarship offer.

Also getting an offer is 2* 6'10, 221 PF Marlin Chevalier from Wittier, CA, who looks to have decent rebounding and post defense with strong shotblocking.

Rounding out the list is 2* PF Benton Bouffard, who despite averaging 22.4 points doesn't appear to have natural scoring ability, but post defense and stealing ability look great for the 6'9, 214 lbs forward from Bishop, CA. (Also a good test of stats vs poor scouting vs reality if we land him)

Bad news: Loyola Marymount (34 prestige) is going after both Rey and Chevalier, too, but I'm plunging full-steam ahead. Both players cut it down to us in the final two, while with Bouffard, I'm fighting off Boise State (32 prestige) and Utah (60 prestige).

Sadly, Bouffard goes to Boise State in November, but we land Chevalier!

Code:
#1 PF Marlin Chevalier -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6-10 Weight: 211 High School: Fred C. Nelles High School Hometown: Whittier, CA GPA: 2.60 Test Score: 940 Rating: ** Attributes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 29 3 25 11 39 12 49 37 45 43 8 63 16 75 41 47 Potential: D C B D D C B A C B F A Season Stats: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PTS OREB REB AST TOS A/T STL BLK PFS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 12.6 3.8 11.8 1.0 3.0 0.34 0.3 3.5 2.3 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.4 9.4 .569 1.9 3.2 .587 0.0 0.1 .000 Recruiting Notes: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Qualified: Yes Committed to Cal State Northridge Rankings: West Region #90 Overall, West Region #16 PF High School Awards: None Top 5 Schools: *Cal State Northridge, Loyola Marymount

The literal Fish Knight won't light up the scoreboard, but if this is accurate, his rebounding potential, shotblocking, and all-around defensive game will be a significant boost. Decent handles for a post player, too. Lack of quickness means he's limited to the post positions. He's a little lightweight to play the 5 in my preferred setup, but has the height. Either way, a pretty darn good first get.

In case my dog pulls out the cord, I'm going to post and save now

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote