View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 08:32 AM   #44
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I feel like the window is now. Windows can open and close pretty quickly in the NFL and given how the Lions ended the season, the lack of QB talent in the conference and the state of the division, it's sort of a... Why not us? Other than Philly and San Francisco, I don't feel like there are any other teams in the NFC that the Lions couldn't, at least, really compete with.

Given how young the core of the team is, we want to build this thing for sustained success, but I think we start trying to create a roster that has a shot of winning the division and making some noise on the playoffs.

So, you've answered my either/or question by taking both sides of the "or". Does this mean that you can both take a shot at the title, and also build for long-term success at the same time, in the context of this team, right now? Actual question, not rhetorical question.

Because it feels to me like signing Ramsey would be a key part of taking the shot now, even if it's not a longer-term decision. And I would assume you could spend a lot more "problemmatic in a few years" money on other defensive stars to take that shot now with a higher probability than being careful to sign quality up-and-comers on defense that will incrementally take you to the next level, but probably still make a shot at the SB next year an outside chance.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote