View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 01:16 AM   #4
Emmett13
Mascot

Recruiting Preview

There were 12 players on scholarship this past season, one fewer than the limit, and 6 of them are graduating. Some quick finger counting gets us to 7 available scholarships going into the offseason.

Unfortunately, it looks like it has the potential to go up to 8. Soon to be sophomore post Randy Sibert is not happy with how his freshman year has gone and there is a decent possibility that he's going to want to transfer. We'll certainly try to convince him to come back, but if he leaves it'll be a major blow. He's a solid look prospect that I think didn't get the playing time he deserved last season and he's literally the only returning post player on the roster. So, if he leaves, we will be completely rebuilding the front line.

Depth Chart:

C: ??? - ???

PF: Randy Sibert (maybe) - ???

SF: Ismail Adams

SG: Jacob El Darwich - Justas Davis

PG: Joe Beachem - Michael Thomas

At least 4 post players are needed and 5 if Sibert bails. I don't want to play Ismail Adams at the 4 at all, but at least I know he can if times get desperate enough. I can't imagine not getting at least one post from the portal, as I have no interest in trying to figure out who to play out of 4 of 5 freshman posts.

Perimeter wise, I'd like to add at least one. Either a true point guard to backup Beachem or a 3 and D wing to act as a true SF and challenge Adams for minutes. Thomas has a lot of talent, but might not be able to handle the point, and I'd like to sign a good enough lead guard to slide Beachem over to the 2 some.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote