View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 11:59 AM   #417
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We had the situation of my wife's parents relocating to us, from Florida to Kentucky (!), mainly because they were pissed at living in the same state as their other daughter and son and never seeing them. My parents have talked about moving to Hilton Head - they love it there. That's still a 10 hour drive from me and 4 or 5 from my brother (he's in Ashville). But they don't really want to move.

My brother is completely career-driven and doesn't care to see them more than once or twice a year, for maybe 3-4 days at a time, tops. He won't go visit whether they live in Dallas or Hilton Head and I suspect he'd kill himself if they moved to Ashville. I'm definitely willing to see my parents more often, but without the girls involved, it's less likely to happen. I only have so much time off and the wife and I want to go do stuff in places my parents won't want to go and do things they now struggle to do in their mid-70s. Moab is on my list of places I want to visit a second time because we didn't get to do everything we wanted with my parents on the trip.

Not sure how to resolve it... for 2024, I've already approached my brother about a week in Outer Banks with all of us and he's already coming up with excuses why he can't or it won't work.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote