Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 02:59 PM   #30
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Trump was and is largely despised in the UK. The strength of feeling was very unusual, even right wing voters I know dismissed him as an egotistical, misogynistic liar.

It does seem politics are moving more towards the right in several European countires. But I wouldn't group them all together as a whole. They are following different paths.

The only positive line I have ever heard on Trump is Putin wouldn't of had the balls to push in to Ukraine with Trump in charge. Who knows on that one. Personally I can't stand Trump, but in all honesty I do think that might hold some water possibly.

Europe as a whole is huge and diverse so I agree that you can't lump all European countries together.

I'm not sure on Trump and Ukraine. Putin was able to play Trump by constantly stroking his ego and saying nice things while bashing democrats. All things that played well with Trump.

Trump also seriously thought Ukraine was hiding Hillary's emails. I don't know if he would have been willing to take a hard line on a country that refused to help him with reelection and that he felt has covered for Hunter Biden.

I think a private meeting or phone call, a few nice words, some vague promises, and Trump would have looked the other way while Russia rolled into Ukraine. Keep in mind, QAnon believes this is a war against Nazi's and child trafficking so Trump would have had at least a couple people in his ear touting the righteousness of Russia invading Ukraine.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote