MUT 23 - No Money Spent Update
Cash on hand: 620,000
Player level: 34
Main Team: Off 84, Def 84, Overall 84
Roster style: 50x Dolphins chem, with 4 extra non-MIA players sprinkled in
Top rated players: 89 FS Javon Holland
Current profit methods: sniping/selling, weekly patterns
Cards I covet: 90 RB Ricky Williams

Okay, I had thought reviving this front section every several days would make for a better thread, but then I basically never got around to doing so. Alas.

Team is coming together bit by bit...I learned a lot since last year and am much more efficient with my time and strategies. Also, since MUT has largely abandoned the old "Power Up Card" model for applying multiple team chemistries to players who played in multiple places, that has really saved me a ton of coins that last year would have been spent to turn a player like, say, Minkah Fitzpatrick into a Dolphin theme team card.

The biggest emotional thing of late was the release of a VERY powerful 90 RB Ricky Williams, definitely the best RB in the game right now and maybe the best overall offensive card, and naturally a Miami player. Sadly, he was a Limited Edition only, I don't have the resources to go and buy/pull tons of packs to hope to get lucky with him, and he has remained very expensive - starting out at 700K and drifting up into the 900s until settling down back into the 700s. My peak coin total was just over 1M and I did flirt a bit with blowing a ton of it on this one card, but instead used an unsellable award card, a 86 RB Javonte Williams, as my feature/power back for a while.

Just yesterday a new promo came out with a 87 RB Raheem Mostert, a player who is notoriously overpowered in MUT due to his pure straight line speed. So, he is now installed as my HB1, is very solid, and I have calmed down on Ricky.

I own a copy of the other top-rated Dolphin, FS Javon Holland, but mine is on the block right now as it feels like a high-price wave right at the moment. If I sell him today for 265K and then buy him back Saturday afternoon at 210K, that's a big win.

No really novel coin-making strategies right now. Some of these "re-rolls" (quicksell cards for training, buy special packs for training, and over time get back assets worth more than the cards you started with) are beyond my capacity in both coins and patience. I want angles to shoot, more than just a promising slot machine. I continue to have occasional luck with someone buying my copy (the only one available) of a coach for 5-9K, when he costs me 1K to "make." Not quick money, but it has floated a ton of my growth thus far - just preying on the lazy, ignorant, or cash-insensitive out there.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote