Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 01:24 PM   #19
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Oh, large parts of the US walked into mass poverty ages ago.

I don't expect the US to be dramatically affected by energy prices this winter (compared to Europe), due to, mainly: a) only a small percentage of our overall energy comes from Russia, and b) large parts of the US don't actually need heating in the winter.

I'm sure the energy companies will try and find a way to raise prices, though.

Aware of the first part, was (trying tp) refer to the energy prizes. One add here though: other countries seeking alternatives to russian gas also raises prices for everybody else presumably, with more countries competing for fewer ressources ?

And yeah, as Flere said there's more to it than heating. Gas is also needed to produce power (from what i gather 38% of electricity in the US, which is a lot)

Also, is it really that many people living in areas that don't need heating ? Sure there's a few warm states but East Coast and Midwest are plenty cold enough i would think ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-19-2022 at 01:37 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote