View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 10:16 PM   #281
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
You would be wrong. I would watch that 30 for 30.

I really shouldn't have brought it up. I was bored tonight and started looking for old posts and private messages. Here are my findings:

1) The timeline in my head is off
2) I was a little bitch back then and very defensive
3) Flasch apologized for his role (he obviously didn't want me doxxed, I don't even know if that term was born when it happened), however I didn't accept it. A couple of screwballs in his league got in his head that I had multiple aliases and owned multiple teams in multiple leagues and his lack of trust in me just upset me. The main culprit of the whole ordeal called Flasch an effin Jew and used the n-word on me at one point believing I was an African-American.
4) The real scandal happened years later and didn't involve Flasch's league, but one I was very much a part of. I saw inconsistencies in the numbering of the game log and boxscore files. I believe I opened up the (*.fbo? and *.flo?) files and it painted a picture of playoff games (in particular) being re-simmed a lot. The commissioner's team made some nice deep runs in the playoffs - runs that cut my own team's short. One championship in particular was totally staged to be between his team and the team of my bestie, who had no idea. It took a lot of "dice rolling" to make that matchup happen.

Long story short, I took the commish to task on it in PM's and said he needed to hand the league over immediately or I would out him. This was a league that the people in it really loved and I didn't want their experiences to be ruined like mine was when I found out. I asked someone important in the community if I was doing the right thing and they said yes. That person is the only one I told for years. I eventually confided in my friend as he was no longer involved with the league.

This was 15 years ago and I'm not really sure why I'm sharing it now. I kind of felt like I got the short end of the straw from a lot of the community when I really just wanted to be one of the popular guys. I remember really wanting to be a part of IHOF at one point, but it never happened. This probably is a good reminder as to why commissioners probably shouldn't have their own teams. There were loopholes to look at everyone's gameplans as well and I know it was being done. In another instance I went as far to prove that a GM was gaming the system to figure out the minimum amount of dollars it'd take to do a contract extension. There were other loopholes as well. In fact, I had to use them to expose the people that were using them. I can understand why Jim wouldn't want to deal with MP again.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote