View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 10:36 AM   #44
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Match 5
We won 93-39 total games score, 7-1 in matches, our 3rd doubles team didn't have their best day.

I expected us to win. From scouting, I assumed they weren't as strong this year as they usually are. They are, however, extremely well coached and their players for sure know how to execute. We just had more bags of tricks to pull out than they did.

Still was proud of the girls. No match went 3 sets, though two did go to tiebreakers at 2nd doubles and 1st singles, the former in the 2nd set to end it, the former in the 1st set and then she came back and rolled after that.

We have 2 more matches this week, but I'm happy with our output thus far.

Game scores have been pretty consistently dominant thus far:

Quote:
Match 1: (1 8-game pro set each) 52-22 (6-2)
Match 2: 96-7 (8-0)
Match 3: 96-16 (8-0)
Match 4: 88-37 (7-1)
Match 5: 93-39 (7-1)

So far, we've dropped 3 matches (not counting the forfeit from Match 4) on the whole season. (and the same people dropped them weirdly enough) This streak isn't likely to last, someone will eventually have a bad day, but it's kinda fun to keep it going. Last year's undefeated season only had 9 matches in it, one of those was a tie where we won 9-8 on sets and 72-70 in games (it was early in the year and I made a bad lineup) but generally our total matches last year was like 44-16 (in individual matches) in the 9-game slate.

This year, we'll be through 7 games after this week ends and we've lost 3 total and I'm not imagining a scenario where through 15 total matches this year where we're going to lose 16 matches as a team the rest of the year.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-13-2022 at 09:58 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote