View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 08:08 PM   #498
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Well right, that's what I'm wondering. Would Pakistan or India even want to be bothered? I guess the question is, is Russia one of the major axes at this point. Forty years ago, sure. You have two superpowers, each with their stables. Does that still hold?

I think China would have to see a direct threat to their 20/50/100 year type plan to intervene. Maybe if they think the West unites a little too much? But, at most, they're going to just supply money and goods - I don't think they want to break out their military until they're perfectly ready to strike. Weakening Russia is good for them, long term - I don't think they see Russia as a partner so much as a resource to exploit. Weakening them globally helps China again, unless it gives the West or India or their Asian rivals too much power somehow. Like if they thought NATO would take over Russia and go imperialist, stripping it down for parts and resources, they'd be worried. They know the West won't do that so they're content to let them weaken themselves with this war for "ideology" and push Russia into an even more subservient position to them.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-11-2022 at 08:09 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote