View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #346
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Looks like Kentucky TRS has over 20 billion in assets. 13 million doesn't seem like much.

Perhaps, but the retirement system funding has been a huge issue in this state and one that the former governor/asshole Matt Bevin went to war directly at teachers over, and it cost him the governor's seat (well-deserved, not just for this but a litany of things) to a Democrat in a slate of state executive officer races heavily backed by Trump in which he was the only GOPer to lose. Like, it wasn't just a civil disagreement with the teachers union over how best to handle the problem, dude directly attacked teachers time and time again at press conferences and stuff. Part of his attempt to be a mini-Trump with all of the kindness but none of the "charm."

Quote:
In 2019, the Kentucky Employees Retirement System was only 16.5% funded, making it one of the worst-funded pension plans in the country, according to data from the Center on Retirement Research at Boston College.

Which is to say, I expect this will make some waves in the state even if it's a relative drop in the bucket.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote