View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #307
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

By all accounts, isn't he in some bunker in the Urals with his yes-iest of yes men, likely his elite guards (I assume he has some), and some oligarchs he's basically keeping prisoner? Can't he sell now that "see, it's now starting to go according to plan after some initial foul ups" and anyone there will back down. And anyone else won't be able to get within a km of him? Plus, he's probably like "we'll just nationalize Gazprom, Rozneft, etc and I'll give them back to you when things calm down - just like I made you powerful before, I can do it again". Now, if I were an oligarch, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him, but the other play is probably even riskier to them.

More EDIT: I mean, it seems easy to be like "hey, I'm oligarch #1 and if I kill him - we can have our country back, right, western world?" I doubt it's that easy as I'm sure the Russian people wouldn't be all that excited about losing a war, being lied to, etc.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-03-2022 at 02:53 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote