View Single Post
Old 02-28-2022, 06:23 PM   #167
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Sadly, there's apparently a 17-mile-long convoy moving toward Kyiv for tonight's attack. And rumors that they've already used that MOAB at least once.

This is starting to feel like a sick game of Tower defense down that road from Belarus. How can Kyiv can hold up much longer? Putin's just going to keep upping the attack - they still have some of the original troops in position ready to go, and more can be sent. Once he decided it was OK to randomly shoot at civilians, how does this stop?

Russia has approximately 900,000 active personnel and a further two million reservists, compared to Ukraine's 196,000 active troops and 900,000 reservists. If no other country is going to add to Ukraine's fighting capability, the result is inevitable.

The only thing that could stop it is if Putin decides to pull back. Given that the situation can't be any more embarrassing to include if he pulled back, Putin is going to see this all the way through no matter what.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote