View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 07:51 AM   #79
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I hope all the positivity right now holds, but it feels premature to me. Unity in the face of crisis tends to evaporate not long after the crisis is over, and from the reports I've read it appears we haven't hit the worst of the fighting yet.

I'd like to say that I don't think Putin would use nuclear options, but I don't have confidence in that.

I think we could all use a bit of unity and less polarization on both sides. Seems to me the moderate voices have been thoroughly down out via social media and conventional media over the last decade or so. I long for a time when we can have an honest debate and discussion and not take things so personally again.

I don't think we have lacked as much unity over the years as it seems and times like this seem to remind us of that. We simply don't allow each other to speak anymore and try to work to together with anyone that has a differing view. While things have been polarized and challenging domestically over the last few years we have forgotten how fortunate we are as a nation and how important the US is in maintaining global stability.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote